Tuesday, July 13, 2010

iphone does NOT charge via usb if connected to apple keyboard

I have been having this problem for last few months. I have the original iphone dock connected to my apple wired keyboard USB port. It used to charge without problem for the for two years and then it stopped charging midway. I thought the battery had gone bad.

I bought the new iphone 4 and it HAD the same problem.

I ran into a few articles online about this. one from apple : which specifically say that low-powered usb ports might have an issue. They also say that the battery will actually drain if the computer is turned off or sleep. I have definitely noticed that. I leave my iphone docked to my compyter every night and i have woken up to a totally drained iphone instead of finding a flly charged iphone.

wonder cant Itunes/iphone detect it and report it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment