Sunday, November 28, 2010

These are a few things I am thankful for

Thanksgiving gives us an opportunity to think about the things around us that we usually take for granted. It gives us a moment to pause and acknowledge their impact on our daily lives. Here are a few techie things I am thankful for.


I am first an foremost thankful for innovators & entrepreneurs for continuing to fuel the immense growth in the tech industry. It feels great to be part of the tech revolution.


I am also thankful to the open source community. They continue to amaze me by continuing to evolve open source alternatives, and keeping them at par and in many cases ahead of the closed propriety system. hats off to them


I am also thankful to Social movement. Twitter helps me feel the pulse of stuff around me and facebook helps me find and keep in touch with friends and family. I could'nt image a day without either of these.


I am also thankful to Apple & “app” phenomenon fueled by the iOS devices. Rise of the “apps” has in a true sense democratized the market and eliminated the entry barrier. It puts a normal individual developers on the equal footing with a large corporation. Our apps are placed side by side and thus can now compete on features rather than the marketing/supply chain/big company infrastructure.


Finally I am thankful to apple to give us techies the wares to lust about. We had been given utilitarians pcs, phones that we used because we had to and not because we wanted to. By putting design at par with with tech has given rise to the a beautiful lust worthy gadgetry. The rest of the market is following quickly. and as they say mimicry is the best form of admiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment